Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wrap it up Thursday - Nest of Yarn - Gift Topper



You may remember my tutorial on making felt flower rings.  Well I have been busy crafting a whole group of them to give to friends as gifts.  My friend Shelley appreciates thoughtful wrapping so I decided to get creative.



I found some gorgeous turquoise velvet ribbon and thick cream wool, on spools at Anthropologie.  I knew I wanted to use them for something special.






I took a circle of card stock and began adding a strand of cream and a strand of taupe yarn, anchored with a glue gun.  I build the nest up with circles of yarn, continuing to glue,  and finally added a few strands in the center for my eggs.  The eggs are from a collection including store bought and hand felted.  Once I added the eggs I finished up the nest by building up yarn around the eggs.


I took three of the felt rings that I thought Shelley would like and added them to some thick kraft paper to fit in the box.  I made an x-acto knife cut, to fit them into the paper.  I used that same paper to make a tag and added a grommet to finish off the tag.





 Okay ... one present finished.  I better get cracking :)

24 comments:

  1. these are super-duper cute... I barely have time to shower let alone craft with baby G, but I enjoy seeing what you're up to... Shelley's a lucky lady to get such a beautifully wrapped gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Almost makes you want to keep that package wrapped up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tutorial! I finally bought myself a glue gun {how I've lived this long without one I have no idea}. But I LOVE this, and will definitely need to try making it for my gifts this year.

    Oh and thank you for suggesting pi'lo I finally saw their booth at the one of a kind show and FELL in love. Everything was so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your comments.

    And Ana - put your glue gun on cool - I can't tell you how many little burns I received making the nest :) Glad you enjoyed pi'lo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a great idea and perfect tutorial. I will definitely try it.

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww this is so cute and sweet! great ideas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love these ... my daughter, Robyn, loves anything with a nest or bird (so do I) so I will have to keep this idea in my "to do" file for her next birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...