Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Neon Felt Ring - DIY


Last fall I made some felt rings with recycled cashmere in all the yummy fall colours.  Today was such a welcome bright day and I thought that maybe I could use up some of the felt bits I have left over from my neon coffee cup holder.  I have a wedding this weekend and I need one fun ring to pull it all together.




Supplies laid out on a sunny morning.  

I couldn't help myself this morning from making something fun and bright.  I have neon felt sheets, a needle and matching thread and some silver, adjustable ring forms.




Step 1 - felt strip about 6 X 1 inches

Step 2 - fold the strip lengthwise and press

Step 3 - snip cuts on the folded side and cinch with a running stitch (1/4 inch)

Step 4 - roll the strip starting in the centre and sew together and then stitch the flower you have created  to the ring base

You can find more details on how to make the rings here.



I have grown to like these bright colours and I think it is fun to add a hit of colour like this to a spring outfit.






So for the wedding, the girls picked this dress out for me at Anthropologie.  I wasn't sure it was me - but they were.  It was shown with this necklace and although I never would have put the two together Helana and Ali insisted I needed to have it.  This new felted ring, I think, will tie it all together.

Now I am off to find some fun bright pink wedges but I am going to keep the receipt because I need my stylists to approve it :)  Seriously, I am not kidding...

21 comments:

  1. Tracey, this ring is ADORABLE! And, by the way, will look perfect with your fabulous Anthropologie
    dress.
    Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding, and I look forward to connecting with you in the upcoming "Blogging Your Way" class! (Came across your blog via the BYW group email, and I'm so glad I did. Your blog is just lovely!)
    Take care,
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to look fabulous darling ; )!! I love it all - and the punch of color from your adorable neon ring will be perfect!
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are great, thanks for the tutorial!! And nice to meet you again in BYW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naw, so cute! Lovely colours!
    Thank you for the tutorial, I linked it in a series I'm writing for my blog (http://rock-n-roll-stops-the-traffic.blogspot.it/2012/06/diy-from-head-to-toe-12.html#more), hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...