Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wrap it up Thursday - Back to School Teacher Gift



What is the connection between teaching and apples.  I did a little research and two theories emerge.  One, it was a gift of food for poorly paid teachers and the other,  it represented a gesture of good health.  Perhaps it is a combination of the two, but for whatever reason, apples have become representative of the relationship between teacher and student.

I thought it would be cute to take the little eos lip balm in melon (almost red don't you think?) and add a welcome back to some paper leaves and when that looked too plain I cut off an actual apple stem.  The leaves and stem were easily attached with a little sticky - tac.

A nice gesture for the first week of school, I thought.


But hey, if your teacher is really special (and what teacher isn't) and you have the time there are a few other little things you could do ...





The classic apple was reimagined as an adorable cupcake by the authors of  Hello Cupcake. (top picture)  I love the Back to the Grind from Jacolyn Murphy. (there is a tea one as well)  The sweet lined paper pouches are from Heather Shaw's Pi'losale on Etsy.  Bakerella opted to do pencils as a push- pop instead of a cakepop.  I really want to try to make cupcakes like that!   I struggle with cake pops but The Crafting Chicks via Skip to my Lou made an adorable mini oreo pop that might be a little easier than a traditional cakepop.



Well ... Back to School ... Back to Reality ... Back to the grind.  Just like the fresh new notebooks of school - I'm starting fresh this fall - into the throes of purging out the old and unnecessary and focusing on a clean fresh start for the new year of school.  Instead of feeling sad at the summer ending, I'm welcoming back clean, crisp air and a new year of possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun....I have always wanted to make those sweet apple cupcakes...I love back to school time. Hugs for a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...