Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waves of Craftiness


I don't know about you but I find craftiness, specifically when it pertains to home decorating, seems to come in waves.  Both of the following projects were prompted by room makeovers.  Surprise makeovers actually.  Both at different times when the girls were away at camp.  This first project was inspired by a combination of Lori Marie's fabric silhouette and Anna Maria Horner's painted silhouette





Ali and I did these together and it makes me smile every time I walk by.







This project was inspired by the pbteen version.  We had the canvas squares and they originally spelled out Helana's name but she was too old for that.  So instead I made tiles, covered in fabric for pouches, covered in magnetic paint for posting ticket stubs etc, and just simply covered in fabric for pinning up stuff.



It has become a way for Helana to express her latest interests.  Awhile ago it was dresses for grad now it is awaiting the new school year.  This square has various collectibles including a sweet picture of a good friend from the "early" days.





I looked at these projects with a fresh eye,  as I scrubbed and organized their rooms for new books and uniforms, while the girls are away at camp.  

Okay now on to my own craftiness.  What can I make for my room...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...