Friday, November 4, 2011

Surrounded by inspiring images

When you arrive at my daughter's school, these are the images that greet you.  I LOVE that truck.  It is her screen saver on her phone right now.  I saw her take the picture one day when I was waiting for her in the parking lot.  The sculpture below, I call the egg beater, but it is actually entitled
"Still Dancing" by Dennis Oppenheim.  


Yes, my daughter goes to school  here. 
To say that it is an inspiring place to go to school, I think, would be an understatement.
Her older sister went here too but Ali couldn't stop herself from falling in love with this magical space, despite the fact that her older, very different sister loved it as well.

I was exercising my new instagram app and took these shots a couple of days ago.  I will file this way and return again sometime in the future.  I can't wait to see how learning and growing in this inspiring space will shape their choices and interests in the future.  Will they remember this time in their lives?...

I can't help but think they will.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how important school is? It took a lot of hard work, but we finally got my son to a place where he feels pushed (in the best of ways) and inspired every day. I feel so grateful for it too.

    Aren't you sad that BYW is ending? I've had the best time and learned SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I love your Inspire project! The sweater brooch project is great. Made of course with Christmas Past sweaters! Thanks for your work on this!
    Hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous...your girls are really fortunate to attend school in such an inspiring environment! I pass this every morning travelling to Union Station on the GO from the east for work downtown! History, Beauty and Endless Possibilities!
    Love your blog, will be back to see what lovely creations you have to share!!
    Happy Weekend, Nerina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...