Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wrap it up Thursday - Neon Office Supplies




Earlier this week, I had a try at making some lace wrapping paper and while I was putting it together I came across some great twine at the hardware store.  I am sure it is always there but for some reason that day I noticed it.  Well that twine, combined with some great post-it notes Ali picked up for exam preparation, came together in a perfect storm of neon.





What I realized is that the post-it notes are perfect for embellishments on packages.  They already have a sticky top and by working your design around that sticky top, you can quickly come up with little enhancements, to what would otherwise be a simply wrapped package.




I played around with making a leaf or feather shape.  The base is the sticky part of the post-it.  This worked for dove-tailed banner shapes as well.


I really like the simplicity of the cording on it's own (left).
I loosely braided three different colours together and added my feather motif (centre).
The sticky part of the post-it at the top of each flag also helps to hold down the twine as a banner (right).




These supplies tucked into my wrapping box mean that I can wrap up a gift - lickety split.

Now I have to figure out what goes inside - whatever it is- it needs to be happy... don't you think?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, what a colorful delight to browse your blog. So many lovely projects and photography. It's a pleasure to scroll through your posts.

    I'm popping over from BYw2 for a visit and I'll see you in class,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT neon tutorial! I love it! Makes every one happy and smiling! (BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought to use post it notes for crafting - but what a great idea! Man, I am going to have to check out the hardware store once in awhile if they have cool things like neon twine.
    All of your ideas look great! Hope your week is off to a good start xo Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful packing i love it guys thanks for this idea keep posting like this

    Gexton:


    Electroplating

    Packaging material supplier

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...