Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wrap it up Thursday - Wrap Bracelets in Neon


When I picked up all that neon twine from the hardware store and started playing around with it for wrapping in this post, I realized it would be great to use for wrap bracelets.






Along with the twine, I assembled the other elements I had used for our bracelet making sessions I talked about here.






I played around with a few of the ideas we used for our bracelets made from embroidery thread, but I think this summer, we can come up with all sorts of ways of using neon twine as a bracelet.






One of my favorites is this simple braided bracelet.  Two colors of each strand simply braided together.
To make the loop for one end, I broke the strands into two of each color grouping and braided one side. (top middle)  Then I formed a loop, tied it all together and trimmed. (top right)

At the bottom I broke the strands into two color groupings and braided those and knotted (bottom middle)  Those two strands are the ties for the loop.




For the simple friendship bracelet I just used one strand of each color and followed the friendship bracelet instructions from this post.  I simply braided each end after the knots to make a simple tie. (middle)




With the bead chain and neon twine I wrapped round the leather cord like we did in our previous bracelet post.
















Oh neon, I wasn't sure you were for me but now I see so many possibilities.  Just a touch of neon brightens a look and adds a little punch to your wardrobe or interior space.


I think the neon twine is going to make its way to the camp pack... I figure by then I will be sick of it and ready for fall ... Oh fall, yummy burnt orange, greys and browns ...

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy does this look like FUN...a perfect way to spend a Summer afternoon...reminds me of the days my grandma and I would spend our summers together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...